Thursday, January 9, 2014

Seein' the Sights; Beautiful Lights

At the entrance of the park

While my Grandmother Becky was in town, there were many Christmas time celebrations in and around the Largo area.  The Central Park lighting display was gorgeous, however, my favorite was at The Florida Botanical Garden so, Michael and I took her there one night during her visit.  It was very inexpensive, $2 per person, and the money goes to sustaining the Gardens.  Well worth the price, easier than driving around to different neighborhoods, and is also a bit of exercise.






They have a beautifully decorated tree at the entrance to the park and we were able to take some family photos.  Can't pass up a pic opportunity!







As you continue through the gardens, you are greeted by many lighted animals that were so pretty that these photos don't do them justice.  I especially love the palm trees when they are all lit up.

                                               
Michael in amazement














We couldn't pass up the opportunity 
to have a 'feet pic' at the mosaic Koi pond
Nor could Michael or I fail to be mushy at the Wedding Garden.  If only I'd known about this place when I was planning our wedding, we might have had it there.
Love truly is the flower of life!

Michael, Grandma Becky, and I enjoyed our time at The Florida Botanical Gardens here in Largo and will definitely be going back during the daytime to see their various plant exhibits.  Don't miss your opportunity to see the beautiful botanical garden lights next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment