Monday, January 6, 2014

It's a good thing she likes dogs...

Well, actually she doesn't.  In fact, she is pretty uncomfortable around them.  She gets this shrill high pitched voice going when they come near her to give a sniff or HEAVEN FORBID! lick her TOES!  But she is my grandmother and although she excels more as a cat grandmother, she did alright by my doggies on her first visit to Largo since I moved here and adopted my Kira.
"Don't lick!"

"Good girl, Kira!"

Her last visit was filled with mostly decorating for my wedding and I was bound and determined to make her visit more eventful and more vacation-like than her last.  I mean, it is the least I can do for all that she does for me.  And what is the first thing I caught her doing the minute she got a free moment, mere hours after I picked her up from the airport?


THIS!

Kids these days and their technology.
So what does any T-ex-an do in a situation as dire as this?

Make GUACAMOLE!

 
Tex-Guac with FL avocados.  Yum

My guacamole is delicioso and I only have to use 1 Florida avocado for the usual 3-4 Hass avocados this recipe calls for.  After I peeled her away from her Kindle, called off the toe licking dogs, and served her my new and improved guac recipe, she and I continued to catch up with each other and plan out the next few days we'd spend together in my new hometown before boarding a Gma/Gdaughter, 4-day cruise!  But that is a story for another blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment